Orange Pi Zero 2 incorrect password when ssh into fresh install

TWMike

I can not ssh into my Orange Pi Zero 2 . I get "incorrect password , permission denied" repeatedly. I have loaded latest Armbian 23.11 and some older images all with same result. I used "1234" as password.

My Pc has Linux Mint 21.2 and I used Xfce terminal also XTerm. Both My Pc and Orange Pi Zero2 are plugged into same switch. Also used a laptop with Linux Mint 21.1 and Xfce Terminal with same result.

Any ideas would be great , I'm just any average user that tinkers.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply ,   sorry for my late response,  Life gets in the way.

I did follow the docs that's why I posted the question. The problem is only with my Orange Pi's that I tried to install Armbian .

I have tried the following Images  Armbian_21.05.7 , 21.08.1 , 22.02.2 ,  23.8.3 .

I've test on Banana Pi's and Raspberry's (the correct Image for each board) . i was able to do First sign in Headless, but not on Orange Pi's.

For now I used the "Official" Orange Pi Zero 2 OS from Orange Pi and it's working.

(  I'am making Cups Print Servers for my inlaws. Because of Win 10 update a few months ago "drivers not available" ,  WT.. !!! )

I'll will get back to this in near future, I remember I got this working a year or two ago.

PS, I used 3 Orange Pi Zero 2's , 2 Banana Pi M2 Zero's , and 2 Raspberry Pi 4's to work on this problem I'm having.