Armbian image not booting

RiccardoCantoni

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to generate an Armbian image for a custom board. I generated configuration files for card and family, with the necessary information for u-boot and kernel. I need to have separate boot partition in FAT and I added BOOTFS_TYPE="fat".

Using the compile.sh in the Armbian "build" repo I get an image, but flashing it on the sdcard does not start uboot. In the boot partition I find not only the kernel and dtb, but also the u-boot scripts. How do you generate an image that contains everything correctly?

Thanks in advance

Riccardo

3 answers to this question

On 12/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, RiccardoCantoni said:

I need to have separate boot partition in FAT and I added BOOTFS_TYPE="fat".

Thats correct

On 12/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, RiccardoCantoni said:

In the boot partition I find not only the kernel and dtb, but also the u-boot scripts. How do you generate an image that contains everything correctly?

Didn't you yourself said that you need seperate boot partition? That means everything else is in root partition. What else were you expecting to be in boot partition? 

Thanks  Gunjan
I probably made some errors in board configuration file and I am troubleshooting.

8 hours ago, Gunjan Gupta said:
On 12/14/2023 at 2:53 PM, RiccardoCantoni said:

I need to have separate boot partition in FAT and I added BOOTFS_TYPE="fat".

Thats correct

This make me have a fat16 partition, and with correct configuration I was able to get a bootable partition with ID 0e: is it possible to make a fat32 partition to obtain a "0c" partition? (I am referring to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_type), the only difference between the types is fat16/fat32 an for my system fat32 is better

thanks again

Riccardo