A95x f3 Air - Seeking up-to-date news

Bozza

Hello, beloved community members!

I hope you're all doing well. I haven't looked at my A95X F3 Air for quite some time, and I've got a few questions about the TV box. I'm interested in installing Armbian on it and I'm wondering which version of Armbian and Linux kernel would be most suitable. Last time I attempted this, there were issues with the RTL8821CU driver, specifically for an older Android Linux kernel, around version 4.9. I've come across this URL (https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/issues/269), suggesting more recent kernel versions now support the wifi chip. Can anyone confirm this, or recommend a version where there are no longer issues?

Additionally, I've heard conflicting information about Armbian being booted but not installable on the internal eMMC. Is this still a concern, or has it been resolved in more recent versions?

Finally, I'm curious about the locked and encrypted state of the boot loader on the A95X F3 Air. Is there currently a way to decrypt the bootloader, perhaps to replace that less-than-appealing A95xF3 boot logo? Any insights or guidance on these matters would be greatly appreciated!