x96q h313

Blaize

So i have a x96q with a h313 coming soon.

I got it from https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099525915611

the specs are
CPU: Allwinner H313 Quad Core ARM Cortex A53
GPU: G31 OPenGL3.2
RAM: 1GB/2GB
ROM: 8GB/16GB
Wi-Fi version: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
Resolution standard: 4K

How would I go about installing this.

I read that bigtreetech-cb1 works, but no wifi. Is this the best option?

ATTENTION there is a counterfeit version of the X96Q TV box. Before sending it back I took a photo of the PCB. We are talking about SOC RK3229 and eMCP 1GB RAM/8GB ROM. By chance I wanted to try booting with the multitool and I understood the deception. the only linux release working on X96Q is the Miniarch project but let's go off topic

fake_x96q.jpg

The most absurd thing is that it says S905W on it and it's actually an RK3229. I think they have the same RK3229 1GB/8GB PCB that they wanted to pass off as S905W and now they try to make the fake X96Q with that PCB too

Hi guys, so actually I am the one who knows quite a lot about X96Q :p :

1. As Khadas said: there are counterfeits based on rk 3228A with a S905W (in fact "S" is not an actual "S") mark on the chip. It's performance is really poor, its 32bit CPU and its not worth working with

2. Market is full of other-kind-of-fake fake boxes - 1g RAM 8g ROM versions are being sold under 2g 16g tag, with very little tools for an average user to prove it's not an actual 2g16g version.

3. There are many different revisions of X96Q boards, with different types of RAM, differenct clock settings and its really hard to just get the image of an OS. Up to my knowledge, there is no other working OS than the one made by github user named warpme. Its an Arch Linux distro and its quite decent. It has some drawback though, and I am in constant touch with an author, working on some commercial solution that utilizes these boxes.  In the version available on github, there is no LAN support, eMMC installation and an AP  mode. Besides that, it works just fine 

Here You may try to find a release suitable for You:  https://github.com/warpme/miniarch  Please note, that 

Hi thanks @Jakub Adamik for your message.

I confirm that the current X96Q with pcb release 1.3 does not have working ethernet with the miniarch image.

I wrote two emails to Piotr aka warpme but I haven't received a response yet, surely in this period he will be very busy with work and I won't be able to dedicate time to the miniarch project. I await a response from him.