[Armbian build PR] - Rockchip64 reinstate kernel configs for current 6.6 and edge 6.7

RSS Bot

Description

As per the discovery made by @brentr , the current kernel for rockchip64 become hugely bigger than usual (13M vs. 18M, gzipped). After some checks, it turns out that what happened before with the appearance of useless and unwanted cruft (PATA, ACPI, SCSI :roll_eyes: , whatever... see linked PR) happened again.

This PR restores the a sane kernel config for current 6.6 and edge 6.7, rebasing over kernel 6.1.

I double checked against latest sane 6.6 I could find, which is 6.6-rc4 and differences are minor. I attach a "patch" file with the differences from sane 6.6-rc4 and 6.6.13 in this PR (use less -R to see with colors) in case someone wants to check it out.

A note about rtw88 module: the module has been enable with all the USB/SDIO supported devices, except for rtl8723ds which @brentr recently disabled in another PR because he could not let it work on his hardware. In this case, the rtl8723ds realtek module is enabled as well.

How Has This Been Tested?

• [ ] Test on rk3399 device
  • [ ] Test on rk3328 device
  • [ ] Test on rk356x device
  • [ ] Test on rk3588 device

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [x] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [x] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines