Create Compatible Firmware Images with Amlogic USB Burning Tool

Khadas

After having seen the continuous hardware changes made by the manufacturers of the cheap Android TX boxes,

I would like to understand if it is possible to recover the firmware, therefore the factory Android image compatible with the Amlogic USB Burning tool.

After booting from the SD with the armbian-ddbr command, I managed to create a compressed file with the factory Android image but this file does not work with the Amlogic burning tool but only with the armbian-ddbr (restore) command.

Since it is easy to brick these TV boxes by trying to install Armbian on emmc I would like to be ready to be able to load the original factory Android image.

My TV box is a TX3 Mini built in 11.2023 with S905L2-B cpu and Samsung emmc. I haven't found the firmware anywhere but only old 2017/2018 firmware with old hardware not compatible with the TV box.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I understand that there are scripts that allow the repacking and modification of images and therefore firmware compatible with the Amlogic USB Burning tool. An example is Linux AMLogic Toolkit.

What I don't understand is whether it was possible to somehow extract the Android image from the eMMC and make it compatible with the Amlogic USB Burning tool.

With all these TV BOXES that are constantly changing it is very difficult to find compatible firmware for recovery in the event of bricking.

There are sites like China Gadget Review that share firmware from the TV boxes they test, I think they extract them but I don't understand how they do it.

Any help is welcome.

@dreamlayers thanks for your reply but the image I wanted to create was for restoring the bricked tv box. that's why I was curious to know if it was possible to create an image compatible with Amlogic USB Burning tool. I already have backups made with ddbr but in the case of a bricked TV box those images are not good.

I should have solved it because I found the image I was looking for of the fake tx3 mini with soc S905L2-B

I understand that those who manage to publish the images use some command line script once they gain access to the emmc. but I don't have the time to go into more depth and continue with the study