[Armbian build PR] - Adding DMA support and Overlays for H616/H618 devices

RSS Bot

Description

Added DMA support for H616/H618 devices. Added overlays for interfaces available on 26-pin header of orangepi zero2 and zero3. The 26 pin headers can provide upto 3 i2c interfaces, 2 pwm, 2 uarts and 1 spi with 2 chip selects. I have added overlays for the 3 i2c and 2 uart interfaces. I didn't saw the pwm suppport yet in the kernel and hence have skipped the same. For spi, the existing spidev1_0 and spidev1_1 seems to apply fine.

As part of this PR, I am also stepping down as the maintainer. As a wip device needs a maintainer, I have moved the device to be csc instead. Any further development for this device should be handled by the community.

How Has This Been Tested?

Please describe the tests that you ran to verify your changes. Please also note any relevant details for your test configuration.

• [X] Tested patch applies and both kernel builds fine.
  • [X] Tested all the overlays applies correctly on 6.7 kernel and their corresponding device nodes appear in /dev. I don't have any peripherals to attach and hence detail testing is not performed.

Checklist:

• [ ] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [ ] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [ ] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [ ] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [X] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [ ] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines