[Sunvell T95Z Plus] Booting Armbian from SD Card

dxs1

Here you can found the image for Debian testing Xfce with the mainline kernel 4.13-rc1. The mainline kernel 4.13 is quite ok, but audio is not implemented and I used jeromebrunet git meson audio patches and got this:

root@amlogic:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: mesonspdifdai1a [meson-spdif-dai.1.auto-dit-hifi], device 0: meson-spdif-dai.1.auto-dit-hifi dit-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

root@amlogic:~# aplay 125_crispy-funkbeat.wav 
Playing WAVE '125_crispy-funkbeat.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

I did buy 2 different DACs and both failed to work with my Sunvel box and tv too. Other S9xx devices do have a HDMI audio support via the I2S bus, but GXM devices are problematic, see:

https://github.com/superna9999/linux/tree/linux-4.13-le-amlogic-gx/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic

Adjust your wifi router to use the 11g mode only and set the channel to 13 to have a good wifi signal reception. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujnYBvMQfjM

Hi i post also a replyon s912 but afterr i see this topic....i have a T95K PRO i succefful boot up with q2012G.dtb but i see that desktop are not i think accellerated "video flicker" and i see ethernet intrface but i cant navigate and also if i set manual ip nothih do.

Wifi don't see at all

Can anyone help me plese? what can i do??

I hope this will help other people.

I have T95z Plus 3GB/32GB model.

- First I tested with Armbian_5.60_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.18.7_20180928:

(good) It would boot right up, screen is showing

(bad) no USB is not recognized (usb keyboard nor usb mini keyboard+mouse combo). No ethernet either.

I tried several dtb files without luck.

- Then I tried: Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20171226 which works really well:

(good) Screen shows, keyboard input ok without having to add/change dtb file.

(bad) Ethernet is unstable. By which I mean you can ping the device somewhat, but really unstable. You cannot ssh, it will just hang until you give up.

The reason for this is it doesn't accept gigabit ethernet, you need to switch it to 100Mbps connection mode, which is a turn off for some people. To do this, you just have to put in the command: "sudo ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full" and ethernet is stable again. You can ssh from this point on.

I really hope this help other people save several hours (like I did) trying to figure out how to install armbian on this device.

Have fun.