H20 bricked after installation on eMMC

Khadas

Does anyone know if the H20 soc RK3228A TV box is compatible with installing the multitool on eMMC?

I don't think so, on the PCB the model is H20_221_V1.71_230617.

I couldn't find any pads on the pcb to try to force access to the mask rom.

On the forum I seem to have read about others who have had the problem of bricking this TV box, I think it is still not supported by the multitool.

As far as I understand, you used the multitool to install armbian on emmc; so it worked.

H20 boards are lousy, because manufacturers, to keep costs down, removed power regulators from the board; for this reason the CPU can't go over 1.0ghz, but regular armbian images are configured to boot at 1.2ghz so perhaps that is the reason your board does not boot anymore. That's why it is hardly suggested everywhere to follow the procedure and test the armbian image using an sdcard before burning to emmc.

Is the multitool able to boot if inserted into sdcard slot or not? You could do maintenance directly from the multitool because it allows to mount and modify the burned image.

It should be able to boot, otherwise you need to find the serial pads and attach a serial adapter to debug the problem.

@jock thank you very much for your reply, I sent the TV box back because I looked for the pads but couldn't find them and I decided that I was no longer interested in the H20 armbian project.

I wanted to write the post just to warn those like me who are happy to see the multitool loaded correctly and want to try the installation on eMMC. In my opinion the card is really of poor quality, all the HDMI VGA adapters in my possession with this card do not work, I was only able to see the screen working with HDMI monitors and this made me decide to send the bricked TV box back.

1 hour ago, Khadas said:

I wanted to write the post just to warn those like me who are happy to see the multitool loaded correctly and want to try the installation on eMMC. In my opinion the card is really of poor quality, all the HDMI VGA adapters in my possession with this card do not work, I was only able to see the screen working with HDMI monitors and this made me decide to send the bricked TV box back.

It is not just your opinion that they are poor quality, it is well known they are poor quality.

You can't expect quality from cheap 20$ chinese boards, whatever manufacturer, brand or version you look for.