[Armbian build PR] - Add functionality to freeze git resources

RSS Bot

Description

The idea is to generate output/git_sources.json file that will contain url, branch and commit hash combo. The easiest way to generate file for all devices is to run ./compile.sh targets. Then at the time of release we will copy the output/info/git_sources.json file to config/sources/git_sources.json. Once the file is copied, the hash information from the file will be used to fetch resources for git repositories where branches are specified instead of tags or commits.

There can be other ways to do this as well. I am just too tired to experiment more on the same. Raising it to be a communication starter.

Jira reference number AR-2087 Based on: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/6272

How Has This Been Tested?

• [ ] Tested output/git_sources.json file generation using ./compile.sh targets command
  • [ ] Copied generated file to config/sources and modified it to use a different commit hash for 6.6 kernel. Then tested that kernel is being built from that hash instead of the latest available 6.6 kernel.

Checklist:

• [ ] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [ ] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [ ] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [ ] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [ ] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [ ] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines