[Armbian build PR] - rockchip: add patches to fix usb-gadget/peripheral mode

RSS Bot

This PR enables kernel modules for various USB Gadget applications for rockchip 32 bit platforms (rk322x, rk3288) for both current 6.6 and edge 6.7 kernels.

Also provides a bunch of patches to address issues with rk322x, whose peripheral mode does not really well with dwc2 driver yet. A couple of patches are self-produced after trial-and-error sessions, another pair are imported from rockchip 5.10 kernel and substitutes an older patch with a bit more refined code (see the "debounce" patch).

edit: the patches addressing the rk322x issues probably are worth also for rk3318 and rk3328, since the controller is the very same with similar issues. During my tests, I quickly checked an rk3318 device and found it has the same behaviour (disconnection, system freeze, ...). I will do further tests and, in case, import the same patches for rockchip64 too.

Jira reference number AR-2096

How Has This Been Tested?

• [x] Installed on live rk322x system, tested mass storage :heavy_check_mark:, ethernet :heavy_check_mark:, uac1/2 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
  • [x] Installed on live rk3288 system in OTG mode, tested mass storage :heavy_check_mark:, uac1/2 :heavy_check_mark:

For sake of curiosity, iperf3 run on rk322x in ethernet gadget mode: image

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [x] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [x] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines