Regression in Radxa RockPi 4C Plus support

RayKnight

I have been using a Rock Pi 4C Plus (v1.2) with M.2 slot with Armbian for some time.  I boot from eMMC, but have a 500GB NVME device  Cannot recall the original version of firmware installed, but it was originally a Debian bullseye image and I re-installed when a bookworm image became available.  I regularly use "apt update" followed by "apt upgrade" to keep the software up to date.  After a recent update the system went into a boot loop.    I attempted to recover by creating an SD card with the latest Armbian image.  When trying to debug the issue I noticed that the NVME in the M.2 slot is no longer recognized.  Reverting to previously available 23.11 image and the NVME device is again available.  I'll need to dig further to discover what exactly changed between 23.11 and 24.2, but this is definitely a regression for anyone with the earlier version of the 4C Plus using the M.2 slot. 

So, fair warning anyone using the M.2 slot on a RockPi 4C Plus should avoid updating!

Hey, thank you for this! I went straight to a new install of Armbian on my 4C+ and used the Github linked releases - a build of 24.5 - and found that the nvme ssd was not showing up at all under lsblk or df. Without your post I wouldn't have thought to try the archived versions!

After a little tinkering, I found that holding back the following packages during an ` apt update` allowed for recognition of the nvme ssd:

linux-dtb-current-rockchip64
linux-image-current-rockchip64
linux-u-boot-rockpi-4cplus-current

I'm going to test further to see if it narrows down to one package.