Cubox-I 4 with Legacy an Mainline Kernel is not booting by using PARTUUID or UUID in boot.cmd

geuni89

Question

Hello,

i was using my cubox-i 4 pro since two years now. Last time (last week) i have used a armbian legacy debian version from whatever, after my hdd corrupted (i have a backup) i tried to setup the system again with a new ssd and the newer version of armbian but i have a few problems.

First i flashed the mainline 4.9.7 dd-image on my sd card with rufus. That one is not booting. I can see in a seriel session that the uboot is starting after the line booting the kernel nothing happens any more. In my router i can not see any ip from dhcp is given out to the system and it does not do anything more.

After that i have tried the legacy 3.14.79 what when i flashed it to the sd card did boot. After that i tried to insert the partuuid of my sd card because i want to use it with my ssd over esata and two more usb hdd as sw-raid1 where i do not want to have any problems in booting situations. I have tried to to exchange the variable in boot.cmd defaultly declared with "/dev/mmcblk0p01" with "PARTUUID={PUUID}" what did not do the job. The system wasn't anymore booting with this setting. After that i tried using the uuid of the mmc by declaring the variable in the boot.cmd wit "UUID={UUID}" (all the time i wrote the ids which i wrote here in brackets natively in the string, with double checking if i had some spelling mistakes). I did as well all the time recompile the boot.cmd with the defined line at the end of the boot.cmd.

After trying to exchange the content of the variable i tried to exchange the variable in the bootargs string natively with the content of the two version of the variable definition what as well did not do the job to boot my cubox.

So now i'm asking, what am i doing wrong? I'm just searching for a solution to us the uuid or the partuuid of a hdd or sdd to boot my system so in the future no conflicts at boot appears with the further usage of more hdd's connected via usb to the box.

Hopefully my description is understable and some one can help me.

Regards

Geuni

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I am also experiencing a sudden stop in the boot of  mainline 4.9.7 image after the line "booting the kernel". I am using Cubox model I4x4-300-D. A dd of older version 4.7.3 is working just fine!

BR/Scooby