How to manually edit or obtain HDMI timings

markjeronimus

I have a 5" 800x480 TFP401 display which the current armbian can't drive, and I have no idea how to fix that. My EDID is identical to his.

I'm a total armbian noob and half linux noob and have no idea where to start or what all the used terms mean (u-boot, dpms, ...) or they come with random patches or links to github changesets that I have no idea what to begin with. All I know is how to compile Igor's kernel, change existing patches in his repo, and burn it (as image, not u-boot) to an SD card, all because there is a nice tutorial for it. When people start talking about anything else I have no idea what to do with that information.

I tried to modify the patch starting with 0026_ and edited video_timing[] with the parameters I got from EDID, but this doesn't work. I suspect I also have to edit video_timing[] but don't have enough information. (WereCatf's question about this was never answered).

I've already plowed through these resources without results (or with more questions than results, see my first rant above)