Site docs do not match git documentation build?

I decided to start my Armbian contribution with something simple as a first step where I will learn how to update the documentation. So far I've cloned and built the docs successfully.

But after I built them, I noticed that the new docs I built do not match the documentation on the website (docs.armbian.com). Which files are considered to be correct / what's next (fix the ones in git or the ones on the site?).

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, willie-m said:

Which files are considered to be correct / what's next (fix the ones in git or the ones on the site?).

For now we are updating mkdocs.yml manually, without using mkArmbianDocs.py since there are some exceptions, WIP files and specific file order that is easier to set by hand.

Great, thanks for the quick reply! It appears this works for me and regenerates the files without reordering the nav pane. So I can use this to build, correct?

mkdocs build --clean && mkdocs serve

One more question / confirmation, should I be creating a fork of the documentation repository on github and then cloning that fork down to my workstation? That part of the process is not specifically stated in the "contributing" process quick start section so thought I'd ask. I've used git quite a lot, but not github itself, apologies if this is an obvious question.

Edit: After more reading, it seemed like the best course was to make my own fork of the documentation repository so I proceeded with that.

Edited by willie-m
further reflection

When I do github stuff that I intend to push back 'upstream', I do it in my own fork, and as a new branch, so that when you do a pull request, you simply specify that branch as what you're wanting to push back into the original project (rather than a single commit). It also means that if you have more commits you want to submit as part of that update request, you can continue to push them on that branch. 

The github docs on forking repos and doing pull request may be of interest, as most of that is explained there... I end up searching for something there every so often... either trying to work out something new, or just grab the steps for something I'm doing again ;)