upgrade error on cubietruck nand. linux-wheezy-root-cubietruck_4.70_armhf.deb (--install):

funders

hi there,

i was setup  linux-wheezy-root-cubietruck 4.2 on  cubietruck nand.these days i upgrade system it show me a error message:

Unpacking replacement linux-wheezy-root-cubietruck ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-wheezy-root-cubietruck_4.70_armhf.deb (--install):
 unable to make backup link of `./boot/bin/lime.bin' before installing new version: Operation not permitted
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-wheezy-root-cubietruck_4.70_armhf.deb

i thik this is a bug because dear developer don't think about when system install to nand later some problem.

how to fix?

thanks!!

估计用CT的很多是中国人å§ã€‚解决方法是3楼。éžå¸¸è°¢è°¢3楼ï¼

I'm on Olimex Lime2 with nand boot over SATA HDD with root mounted on it, and have the same problem over the last system update to 4.70:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

My system was on weezy with legacy kernel 3.4.109. Try to move to jessie with same kernel, following the procedure on documentation, but the problem remains the same with update:

Unpacking replacement linux-wheezy-root-cubietruck ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-jessie-root-lime2_4.70_armhf.deb (--install):
unable to make backup link of `./boot/bin/lime.bin' before installing new version: Operation not permitted
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/linux-jessie-root-lime2_4.70_armhf.deb

Maybe is this a space or protection problem on nand ?

Looking for a similar problem in the forum, found post last September "Can't upgrade linux-image [@NAND is failing]".

Igor said it is a bug:

You just find a bug. Upgrade if system is on NAND will not go automatic even if there is enough free space, I need to fix it.
:( (nand bootloader doesn't recognize zImage kernel type)

but there is a procedure to update (also in last September post "Kernel update procedure has been changed" Igor explain the update on the procedure for a NAND boot / root on SATA/USB situation):

Workaround:

1. Remove zImage, uImage, system.map-3.4.108-sunxi and vmlinuz-3.4.-108-sunxi ... located on /boot  (/dev/nand1)

2. Run this and pick up the correct board / kernel 3.4:

wget -q -O - http://upgrade.armbian.com | bash

In the latter post it explains about watch upgrade log if you have problems:

In the directory (probably /root) there must be a file upgrade.log ... that content will tell me more and the content from /boot or boot partition.

Maybe this can help you.  I'm going to test it myself next week when I return to home...

Looking for a similar problem in the forum, found post last September "Can't upgrade linux-image [@NAND is failing]".

Igor said it is a bug:

but there is a procedure to update (also in last September post "Kernel update procedure has been changed" Igor explain the update on the procedure for a NAND boot / root on SATA/USB situation):

In the latter post it explains about watch upgrade log if you have problems:

Maybe this can help you.  I'm going to test it myself next week when I return to home...

it worked!thank you very much~

è¯è¯´æ¥¼ä¸Šçš„基å‹æ˜¯ä¸­å›½äººå§ï¼Ÿéžå¸¸æ„Ÿè°¢ä½ ã€‚。