Ralink Dongle - [SOLVED] Now Broken

DeterminedOpier

Hi All. As you may have read at my HDMI post, I have tried two different OpiPC images, the default one here, and the current RetrorangePi.

On the first one, I used this tutorial:

and it worked perfectly, well almost. I got some errors because the usbids isn't on here, nor is modprobe. But it worked.

Then I tried the retro image and went back to do the same process, but no matter what I do I can't see to get rid of error messages.  I've tried to put ARCH=ARM and arm.  I've tried TARGET=LINUX. None of the tips out there seem to work.

pi@RetrOrangePi:/usr/src/DPO_MT7601U_LinuxSTA_3.0.0.4_20130913$ sudo make ARCH=arm
make -C tools
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/DPO_MT7601U_LinuxSTA_3.0.0.4_20130913/tools'
gcc -g bin2h.c -o bin2h
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/DPO_MT7601U_LinuxSTA_3.0.0.4_20130913/tools'
/usr/src/DPO_MT7601U_LinuxSTA_3.0.0.4_20130913/tools/bin2h
cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /usr/src/DPO_MT7601U_LinuxSTA_3.0.0.4_20130913/os/linux/Makefile
make -C /lib/modules/3.4.113-RetrOrangePi--sun8i/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/DPO_MT7601U_LinuxSTA_3.0.0.4_20130913/os/linux modules
make[1]: Entering directory '/lib/modules/3.4.113-RetrOrangePi--sun8i/build'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'modules'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/lib/modules/3.4.113-RetrOrangePi--sun8i/build'
Makefile:394: recipe for target 'LINUX' failed
make: *** [LINUX] Error 2

I've tried untarring the file in different places. Just doesn't seem to work at all.

Can anyone help?

/var/log/armhwinfo.log has been uploaded to http://sprunge.us/BJOR

Edited by zador.blood.stained
Moved from H2/H3 support section since not related to stable Armbian builds

11 minutes ago, DeterminedOpier said:

/var/log/armhwinfo.log has been uploaded to http://sprunge.us/BJOR

This is not an official Armbian image - it was modified by RetroOrangePi builders or by you. Currently it has a mismatch between kernel image and kernel headers packages that needs to be fixed, but unless you installed some kernel packages manually this should be reported to RetroOrangePi maintainers.

ii  linux-headers-sun8i                   5.31                                       armhf        Linux kernel headers for 3.4.113-sun8i on armhf
hi  linux-image-sun8i                     5.24                                       armhf        Linux kernel, version 3.4.113-RetrOrangePi--sun8i

I fished through my box o stuff and found a couple of realtek dongles.  They so far are working with no config issues at all on a fresh armbian opi pc image.  Still have no hdmi sound, but I've spent enough time on this wifi issue and abandoning the ralink dongles. Looking around, that driver has been nothing but trouble.