armbian rockchip 3368 support?

flm

Hello. I have victsing vitv-2 android tv box based on rk3368 processor. I want to try to install some sort of linux on it. So, my question is: is there any chance armbian will support this processor? I see some other rk32*/rk33* are supported...

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

It is possible to create a bootable armbian image for RK3368 (actually quite easy, since most configurations can be shared with RK3399/RK3328),although you would never get a chance to have that GPU working on Linux.

Here are some generic steps you can give a try:

1. Collect all blobs needed to boot the board at https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkbin. They're located in bin/rk33

2. RK3368 is supported by mainline u-boot, so what you need is to write device tree for your device. It could be the most difficult part, since these TV boxes typically use an out-dated u-boot without a device tree, and boots into the kernel loaded from a fixed offset on the nand.

3. Find the appropriate device tree file for the Rockchip 4.4 kernel (same as above, but a lot easier if the OEM provides kernel source)

BTW, Geekbox might be the most well-supported RK3368 board so far, and creating Armbian image for it is as simple as creating one for Firefly-RK3399. However I don't think Armbian would have official support for these boards any time soon.