Intel based Version - ARMBIAN

Ireng

Hello Igor!

I am using your excellent ARM- based DEBIAN distribution on all of my 3 cubietrucks and I am very pleased with ist.

At this time i would like to express my deepest gratitude to you and all fellow users and supporters of ARMBIAN.

Recently i discovered a new INTEL based platform: INTEL Compute Stick e.g. STK1A32SC, STK2MV64CC or STK2M364CC all without any OS.

Most of them are not yet available (in Germany), however they will be available - hopefully - within the next three months - or so.

These Compu Sticks getting so powerful - including Core 5 M processor, 4 GB of DDR3 RAM, 64 GB eMMMC and a slot for microsd (up to 200 GB), WLAN AC, BT 4.2,

3 x USB3 ports, which makes them a "real pocket PC", plugged into a HDMI port and connected to an USB keyboard

Mostly I like the composition of features and services build into the ARMBIAN system and being used right after the start-up.

After these Compu Stick will be widely available, many - professinels - will adopt these hardware base to built an admin - or support tool of teir own

or adopting existing ???? ones to their needs. I am convinced, that users will adobt the Compu Stick as well - not only, because WINTEL 10 sticks will be available,

but because to hold such a big computing power in the palm of his and and carry around in his pocket!

I am very much interessted of - your  and all fellow users of ARMBIAN - opinion !

I am looking forward to discussing and appreciate your opinions and contributions.

Regards, Ireng

those intel sticks are known to overheat pretty fast perhaps having a linux distro on em like debian would make em run cooler if you can use thermald

http://liliputing.com/2015/07/simplest-way-to-load-ubuntu-on-intel-compute-stick-with-windows-so-far.html

since armbian is pretty much debian there no need for Igor to support these sticks better that he has arm devices that has shitty support from vendors to support rather then intel stuff that has good support.