sudo apt-get install dphys-swapfile

sudo vim /etc/dphys-swapfile 

look for

#CONF_SWAPSIZE=

and change for

CONF_SWAPSIZE=2000

then restart the system or

sudo dphys-swapfile swapon

It can take seconds (in my samsung evo) or 20 minutes (on an old kingston and raspberry pi running raspbian), so dont worry if it takes half hour

the first run needs to create the swapfile, and its huge

my beelink gt1 ultimate comes with 3 GB of ram, but i was only able to boot it using a dtb (meson-gxm-q200.dtb) that gives me 2 GB, so when i open 10 tabs in my browser i start with problems and freezes.... i know, its too much, but im used to it, so doing this im able to browser better

the swapfile will start at boot every time as service, so you dont have to enter any command after this

As pointed by talraash 

Worth adding a warning. For everyone who wants to use it. Using a swap on a microsd will significantly increase its wear, and reduced life of you card.

Edited by migg
good warning about sd life

another change to gain a bit more of memory is

vim .config/psd/psd.conf

look for 

#USE_OVERLAYFS="no"

and change for

USE_OVERLAYFS="yes"

you can restart the system, or close your browser and 

systemctl --user stop psd.service

systemctl --user start psd.service

More info about this 

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Profile-sync-daemon#What_is_overlayfs_mode.3F

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Profile-sync-daemon

7 minutes ago, talraash said:

Worth adding a warning. For everyone who wants to use it. Using a swap on a microsd will significantly increase its wear, and reduced life of you card.

I agree, the more you use it the closer you get to its end,  but i haven experienced that with my kingston, and i ran it on a raspberry pi with raspbian for almost 3 years, with only 1 GB of ram, so i swapped a lot

and i have the beelink gt1 ultimate+samsumg evo since july working all day, and still endures it, when it stop working i will have to buy another evo 32 GB for 7-8 euros and rethink the use of the swap file, for now im looking to use it according to my needs... and stressing it only some times.