• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 txumino

txumino

• Senior Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Good morning, first of all sorry for my English, I'm not native and I use a translator.

I'm working on a project with the orange pi plus 2e and I need to protect the internal memory emmc, I installed in emmc "ARMBIAN 5.25 stable Debian GNU / Linux 8 (jessie) 3.4.113-sun8i" and I ask myself the following:

How can I protect the internal memory so that it is not accessible by inserting an SD card and mounting the emmc partition?

That is, I give my client the orange pi configured and no sd card inserted, starts with emmc, but if someone inserts an sd card with any image for this card can mount the internal partition and access the contents.

I've looked at encryption options but I do not really know how to encrypt emmc and start it automatically, I think this is the best option, but I've seen this post and I do not know if I could fix it with something like this: https://forum.armbia...and-sd/?p=13163

Thanks.

#2 txumino

txumino

• Senior Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

Any ideas?

#3 zador.blood.stained

zador.blood.stained

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1838 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

You won't be able to protect eMMC reliably enough without physically disabling / limiting access to the SD slot, FEL button and microUSB port. Encryption won't help against an experienced user since you need to store encryption keys on the same media as encrypted filesystem.

Spoiler