pokkecon

Members
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Ah, OK, thanks for clearing that up. I guess I still don't know why it's locking up then. I will keep digging.
  2. This is my third post (I wrote a few things in the script thread as ell) but yes, reading mail, reading PDFs, LibreOffice all work more or less flawlessly for me, about as well as you could expect on a computer the size of a bar of soap. As mentioned in the other thread, Chromium does lock up but I think an eMMC might fix that problem.
  3. Running Deluge also causes similar to behaviour to Chromium with half a dozen tabs open -- the machine locks up for a few minutes at a time, with maybe ten seconds of normal responsiveness between slow periods. At the console with vmstat, I see large swaps right before the GUI becomes responsive again, so I believe it may be thrashing. It seems that any use of swap at all with a microSD card is very bad for performance.
  4. JMCC: You'd asked for a follow-up, I have been using a 4GB Rock64 as a primary desktop machine for about six weeks now using Armbian + your script. Thank you very much for the script, being able to use sites like YouTube etc with streaming video and have it work (in full screen) is very nice. Chromium is horribly unstable for me, I find that it works well for the first while, but eventually locks up the box almost completely. I ran vmstat on a console to try and figure out what the issue is, I think it is because I have a microSD card for storage and that is basically not a long-term solution, I need an eMMC. I was never able to get to get the Rock64 to talk properly to my 27" screen, I always experienced severe tearing and flickering -- I believe I will have fewer problems with a newer screen, so that is another solution I want to try, in the meantime I use a small screen with low resolution -- I will provide more feedback when I have a better storage device and screen, in the meantime I get by and the script helps a lot with getting this SBC to where I need it to be.
  5. I just tried the script but I didn't see any significant difference afterwards. It is probably because I did not run it on a clean install as you instructed, rather on the install I have been tweaking quite a bit. I will try it again on a clean install but I am going to wait until I get a better power supply though (waiting for Amazon to deliver). Switching to a shorter microUSB cable made a huge difference in fixing some of the video distortion and USB peripheral issues I was having, but I still need a better power supply as some of those issues continue to persist. An eMMC would be nice too =D one step at a time, it is my primary desktop but it needs more tweaking, looking forward to seeing that 4K60 in action tho!
  6. I use this board as my primary personal desktop (!) so as you can imagine I really wanted to get it up to 1.51Ghz If anyone has info on getting accelerated video/graphics with the Mali chipset on the Renegade board that would be awesome... haven't got it working yet myself. Anyways there is a typo in the instructions to enable 1.51Ghz, it took me a while to figure it out. In addition to being up to date as described in the thread above, you need to use a MAX_SPEED value of 1512000 not 1510000 before it will kick into the highest speed. I will leave it to others to figure out why the heck that is (no doubt it's obvious to someone), ie: sed -i "s/MAX_SPEED=.*/MAX_SPEED=1512000/" /etc/default/cpufrequtils service cpufrequtils restart