First of all, I would like to thank @jock @fabiobassa and everyone else that have shared their knowledge here. All the information was extremely helpful and clear (the majority of the problems I had was due to lack of attention or experience)
I joined this adventure aiming to assemble cheap computers, with some basic resources, for children in poor communities in Brazilian countryside. Since these TV Boxes are very popular here in Brazil, they seemed to be a nice option for me. After I acquired my box and after some research, I came to find the Armbian project and particularly this forum.
I managed to install the stable image "Armbian_20.05.6_Rk322x-box_focal_legacy_4.4.194_desktop" in the NAND flash internal memory, but now the wifi does not work.
I'm a newbie linux user, maybe my mistake is just silly and probably I'll share too much information now, but It's just me trying to be as clear as possible.
-> The TV Box I bought is named "MX9 5G 4K". His manual has about zero information, but using net, this forum and opening the box, I found some information
-> RAM: DDR3 1 GB ; ROM: Onboard Flash 8 GB (I guess) ; 4 USB Ports
-> Using the hexdump command (thanks for this tip), I found out that it is a RK3228 board (despite it's written 3229 in the board). But I'm still not sure if it is a RK3228a or RK3228b
-> When I opened the box, I found out that the wifi chip it's an SV6256P (and this is probably the source of my problems)
1) In the desktop, when I click in the wifi icon, I get this (device not ready):
2) When I try to connect using the "nmtui" command in the terminal (according to armbian documentation), I get this:
3) When I run "armbian-config" and go to Network submodule, I can't find wireless option
4) Finally, when I run "dmseg | grep wlan", I get this
Actions I already tried
1) I already tried apt-get update / upgrade
2) I remove blacklist file (despite sv6051 was already commented)
3) In rk322x-config, I tried all set of combinations (3228a, b and two leds settings)
Questions and final comments
I read the previous messsages here and I realized that @nokirunner also has an SV6251 wifi device and he is also struggling with this. And apparently there is no drive support for this device (that's what I understood).
But I read that sometimes the 6051 drive works for this chip, so I just want to make sure that I'm trying this correctly.
I also read that @fabiobassa mentioned the original firmware (rk3229_8.1_MX1VR_SSV6256_zhongx_20180925_v002_Spectek.zip) and I'm not sure if I'm using it and I don't know where to find it.
Thank you in advance!