orange pi zero pa10 configured "in" crashed

f5nlg

Hi All ,  i just tried stretch and buster there is a problem with PA10 configured "IN" problem seems to be on kernel > 4 old method for GPIO works perfectly , i have read that FEX is no longer availlable on 4.X kernel .

PA10 il also used by SPI ( pin 1) . SPI is not enable on /boot/ArmbianEnv.txt.

this script works perfectly on 3.x kernel but crashed GPIO 10 and GPIO 7 on 4.x kernel , when PA10 configured in "INPUT" and receive a +3.3V it crashed and seems to stay up indefinitively

nothink on logs ,  PA7 can't become up in OUT mode i think there is a problem with SPI and GPIO on 4.X kernel

I can't change GPIO pin on my project due to addon hardware cards i made ... (https://f5nlg.wordpress.com/category/hotspot/) sorry it's in French ...

I tried on Jessy works perfectly as expected , on Stretch doesn't work , on Buster doesn't work ( Armbian monitor & alsamixer is not workink as expected on BUSTER via SSH it's awfull both are dificult to see on screen  )  

# Radio 1 (VHF) GPIO 7:PTT - GPIO 10:SQULECH
echo "7" > /sys/class/gpio/export &
sleep 2
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio7/direction

# Squelch
echo "10" > /sys/class/gpio/export &
sleep 2
echo in > /sys/class/gpio/gpio10/direction

same software and version is used on jessy and stretch or buster ( compiled from sources ) 

SVXLINK from SMOSVX ( https://github.com/sm0svx/svxlink )

any idea ? solutions ? 

thanks in advance. 

Jean-Philippe , F5NLG

6 hours ago, f5nlg said:

when PA10 configured in "INPUT" and receive a +3.3V it crashed and seems to stay up indefinitively

I've just tested PA10 as "input" on my OPiZero running Stretch 5.2.0, and I was able to read successfully PA10 from /sys/class/gpio/gpio10/value with both GND and VCC3.3.

Maybee an incompatibility on svxlink with kernel >4 but only on orange pi , ( works perfectly on raspberry with Stretch or Buster ) strange i know it's not support for svxlink here , but nothing particular on logs the software is Freeze with message SQUELCH is Open ( that means , GPIO PA10 is up ) normaly when it release, the message on svxlink is : SQUELCH is Closed , i never have this message,  and PA7 is not active because SVXLINK seems whe are on reception and of course PA7 who is the "push to talk" line cannot be active , i have to restart svxlink . and i'm never heard by other hamradio.

i will check with SVXLINK developper list ...

thanks for you're reply martinayotte 

seems to be an Orangepi0 H2+ BUG tried many times , and all GPIO affected to SIM-DET, SIM-CLK crashed with some programs any solution to "block" SIM-DET and SIM-CLK on OrangePi0 H2+ ? ( who used H3 in boot environement ??? )

on Orangepi PC+ H3 processor it works perfectly 

any solution is welcome !

11 hours ago, f5nlg said:

seems to be an Orangepi0 H2+ BUG tried many times

Please, describe the crashes and provide logs, because since the GPIO themselves are working fine, we have no idea why your project isn't working on OPiZero while working on OPiPC+ ...