Build/update kernel lime2

Hi Igor,

I'm trying to build and update the kernel for  the Lime2 board using the script you provided on github. I'm using linux sunxi 3.4.103.

The only changes i've made in the kernel are in the sunxi-codec.c file, where i'm changing the values to some variables which should impact the latency on voip softphones.

Here are the changes that i'm doing in "static struct snd_pcm_hardware sunxi_pcm_playback_hardware" and "static struct snd_pcm_hardware sunxi_pcm_capture_hardware"

{

-  .period_bytes_min    = 1024*4

+ .period_bytes_min    = 16*2

-  .periods_min        = 4

+ .periods_min        = 2

}

The problem is that after running the script i get the tar file with 5 deb files, i install them and reboot the board but the latency problems still exits.

The changes i've made in the kernel have been tested also on the kernel with the olimex image for debian where they are working , the latency being eliminated.

I'll be much appreciated to you if you could give me a few pointers or help me down the process.

Thank you!

First check if you are booting into correct kernel - type uname -a If you are not using my image as a base you need to create boot script.

Wrote on mobile phone

Than in the script configuration set kernel compile only, force=no is most important in such case, double check your source changes and recompile.

Wrote on mobile phone

Hello,

Thank Igor for this really great job !!

I'm traying to do the same as Andi, but I can't see any change

I would like to modifiy the following file output/u-boot/board/sunxi/board.c

• I modified board.c with the following change :
if (axp209_poweron_by_dc())
    {
      axp209_poweroff();
      return;//in a normal, return; is unreachable code, axp209 should cutoff outputs already
    }
  • I changed compil.sh  
KERNEL_ONLY="yes"
FORCE="no"
  • I lunched ./compil.sh

It seems that the compil process is still pulling change from git repo and erase my board.c with file from the repo. I can see it within the source.

I installed the deb package on my LIME 2 and nothing change.

Do you have any clue ?

Thank

I removed the debian package u-bout and kernel from the output folder but nothing change.

board.c is still erase with old data when I lunch compil.sh

Is there any way to avoid the pull from the git repo ?

Thank

It finally worked for me as well but setting flag FORCE at NO was not enough.

I had to comment the file patching.sh from line 128 to 132 to avoid the git command that was erasing my modified files...

I not sure it is the right way but it worked...