Does H3 really support I2S clock slave?

hexcode

Not posting everything I've tried, just wanted to ask a question of people experienced with the H3.

Does it really support slave I2S in the mainline kernel?  I've seen it posted in multiple forums that it does, and the datasheet and user manual says it does, but I can not get it working.  Has anyone seen this work in person?

I had to hack up the sun4i-i2s.c driver around mclk / bclk generation to make it happy just to even try it, and confirmed that all register settings look good.  But the DMA just doesn't seem to transfer data when in clock slave mode.  It doesn't seem like any cpu using sun4i-i2s should work in clock slave mode.

I don´t know if this thread is too much old... I have the same problem: using the H3 (NanoPI Neo) I2S0 as slave and capture audio data.

Following this thread (

) I was able to record some audio signals from an external I2S master generator.

However, the signal seems to "slide" in blocks, as if the receiver buffer was corrupted or had missing samples. Maybe a DMA problem?

The screenshot shows the audio actually recorded using an DScope Series III as I2S source (ds-NET VSIO Adapter).

The codec driver is the adau-7002, and it´s showed after the module is loaded. Then, I record a few seconds of the incoming data stream.

Do you have any news about this matter?

Thank you very much!

Screenshot from 2020-03-24 16-32-21.jpg

bash_arecord_l.png

bash_arecord_l.png