M4 V2 boot problem

pkfox

Hi guys , I installed the Buster WIP image on my M4 V2 and it appeared to be functioning ok wifi,USB etc all working until this morning. It wouldn't boot so I connected a serial cable and saw where it failed ( I think it part of the uboot process)

ERROR: Did not find a cmdline Flattened Device Tree

Any ideas why this should suddenly happen ? I have two V2's running this build and the other is still working fine

28 minutes ago, pkfox said:

Any ideas why this should suddenly happen ?

Did you by any chance upgade all the packages (apt upgrade) on the one that does not boot anymore?

I cannot verify it now but one thing that comes to my mind is that the kernel upgrade overwritten device tree files and m4v2's u-boot points to a file that is not available in the official 19.11.3 kernel package.

If that's the case you could use armbian-config to freeze the kernel and still be able to upgrade the rest of the packages.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:45 AM, piter75 said:

Did you by any chance upgade all the packages (apt upgrade) on the one that does not boot anymore?

I cannot verify it now but one thing that comes to my mind is that the kernel upgrade overwritten device tree files and m4v2's u-boot points to a file that is not available in the official 19.11.3 kernel package.

If that's the case you could use armbian-config to freeze the kernel and still be able to upgrade the rest of the packages.

Hi @piter75 I think I might have done  :-(  thanks - Do you mean select Freeze in armbian-config ?