Newbie question to update because the system hangs.

enredar

Hello and thanks in advance.

I have installed the IMG Debian Wheezy With kernel 3.4.x, when income Rpi monitoring tells me I have 11 upgradeable packages, but if I run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade returns me that there is nothing to update.

Moreover Igor saw yesterday published an update, it is possible to upgrade without reinstalling everything?

The problem that I have and which I intend to upgrade is that once a day or once every two days or ethernet banana itself hangs and can not access until I restart the banana pi.

Thank you very much and apologize for using google translator.

Yes, it's possible to update. Check FAQ.

Rpi monitoring is refreshing packet update status via cron. Check if it's running. Usually it's refreshing once per day.

Thank you for your quick response Igor !!

I am a total noob to linux, but I'm trying to learn, if typing crontab -l on the console (with my user or root) returns to myself: no crontab for root / user but do not know if this is the correct command.

I read the FAQ, and from what I understand I might be appropriate to make a clean new installation. In this way I avoid possible errors made with this learning on the fly.

Again many thank

I managed to reinstall everything, but I read later that the Igor´s micro home server script is not recommended for Jessie whit 4.x kernel, but everything works OK except for the rpi monitor, is there any chance to make it work? I don´t want precise data, only I want something like "Oh my good!!, turn it off, or burn it" With this could be enough for my. 
Thanks and sorry for my funny english! 

rpimonitor_debian_4x.jpg

Certain things can not be read at kernel 4.x yet or needed manual adjustments. For ambient temperature, illuminance, human detection ...  you need external sensors. So, disable it.

CPU temperature start to work properly in latest, i think 4.1.2