[Orange Pi Zero] Use UART0 as regular serial port?

tsmx

Armbianmonitor:

Hello.

I have an Orange Pi Zero board with Armbian on it. I want to use its serial pins for flashing arduinos.

Right now I only have 1x3 serial pins and 1x13 media (?) pins soldered, the 2x13 GPIO doesn't have any pins and I don't have any spare ones to solder (alright, I might have some, but I'm too lazy for that).

That means I only have access to UART0 pins which are currently reserved for Linux console.

With RPi Zero and Raspbian the same problem was solved by simply removing "console=ttyAMA0,115200" from kernel options. However, Armbian seems to generate kernel options entirely from armbianEnv.txt, making it impossible to manually remove serial console stuff.

I tried setting "console=none" or just deleting this line from armbianEnv, but it just sets console to "both" in boot.cmd and nothing changes.

Any other options?

7 hours ago, tsmx said:

Any other options?

Edit /boot/boot.cmd instead to remove the "console=ttyS0,115200" part, and recompile the /boot/boot.scr using "mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr".

Make sure /boot/armbianEnv.txt has "console=display" ...