corrupt u-boot for OrangePiPlus2E ?

wha

updated to 5.15 (then 5.16) release using aptitude.  Kernel update worked.  But when I updated u-boot (   linux-u-boot-orangepiplus2e-default ) , the system will no longer boot (see attached).

But if I use  linux-u-boot-orangepiplus-default  , it will boot. (Note that the install script, to write/dd  SPL , is hardcoded to  mmcblk0, which is usually correct, but for this fix, I start boot on SDHC then pivot-root to eMMC.  My running root is mmcblk1 during this "rescue" boot).

Both 5.15 & 5.16 exhibit this behavior.

Thanks,

wha

bad-uboot.txt

uInitrd is good.  Note that ALL I did to get system to boot, is it to re-write uboot block(s) to start of eMMC:

====

wha@orangepiplus2e:~$ sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1k count=1023 seek=1 status=noxfer

wha@orangepiplus2e:~$ sudo dd if=/usr/lib/linux-u-boot-orangepiplus_5.16_armhf/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1024 seek=8 status=noxfer

====

(just manually typed install script from deb)

So I believe that the u-boot [executable] code, for the '2e' is wrong.  To verify that assumption, I wrote the SPL from  linux-u-boot-orangepiplus2e_5.16_armhf , once again, boot CRC error.

Thanks,
    wha