NanoPC T4 - NVMe SSD not working anymore after last update

Viper

For anyone that runs into this. I too went back to 5.9.14. My process to fix was to download Armbian focal with 5.9.14. Write Armbian focal to SD Card/USB Stick. Boot from SD Card/USB Stick (hold the boot button on the NanoPC). Log in as root, mount the /dev/mmcblk2p1 (this is the emmc) to /mnt/mmc.  Copy (cp -rv /boot/* /mnt/mmc/boot/ ) everything in /boot to /mnt/mmc/boot. BUT! Do not overwrite your armbianEnv.txt. Rename it or move it to keep it from being overwritten. 

In my case I'm booting from EMMC but my rootdev is on my NVME. I made the mistake of writing over the armbianEnv.txt which is why I share the warning. If you do, you'll get a missing rootdev error on boot (and you'll hear a sad horn sound in your mind). Reboot into the SD Card Armbian again, mount /dev/mmcblk2p1 as before and edit armbianEnv.txt as root. My root partition on my NVME is /dev/nvme0n1p1. Comment out the existing rootdev (which is actually the rootdev of your SD card - Doh!) and replace it like this:

#rootdev=UUID=e3841b02-afff-4f2d-9b88-990f1e858c10
rootdev=/dev/nvme0n1p1

Should get you going again. keep in mind, this will get you booted. Services that depend on or compiled for your kernel headers (like Docker) will fail. You'll need to fix your kernel branch using armbian-config > System > Other (Other Kernels) as well. I'd also recommend you freeze your kernel from future kernel updates with armbian-config > System > Freeze

ah you downgraded your kernel with the cp command lucky you still got the modules installed of that kernel.

so now your back at 5.9.14

and linux-headers isnt the problem.

boot from sd do a blkid write it down or copy it , mount the rootdev look wich kernelmodules are installed in  /lib/modules/<kernelname>  or copy your modules from sd to rootdev edit armbianenv.txt change the uuid to wich  rootdev it should boot.