H96 Pro Plus (Green PCB version)

mazdlc

TV Box Name : H96 Pro Plus (Green PCB version)

CPU : Amlogic S912

Armbian build file name: Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0.img

DTB file used: meson-gxm-q200.dtb (no wifi/bluetooth/hdmi audio with distributed one, need modification, see below)

Kernel Version: 5.9.0-arm-64

Distribution Installed: focal

Working Ethernet: Yes

Max Ethernet Speed that works: 1000

Does wifi work: Yes

Does bluetooth work: Yes

Does HDMI audio work: Yes

Additional Comments:

modified dtbhttps://github.com/maz-1/h96-pro-plus-armbian-stuff

almost everything works except buggy gpu support. The kernel crashes when opengl programs (like glxgears) terminates, and low fps.

@mazdlc  Thanks.  Would it be possible to create a patch/diff between your dts modifications and those in the mainline kernel source tree?  And then post that either here or in your github?  That way as the code evolves others could easily pick up your work and port it to newer kernels if necessary in the future.

17 hours ago, SteeMan said:

@mazdlc  Thanks.  Would it be possible to create a patch/diff between your dts modifications and those in the mainline kernel source tree?  And then post that either here or in your github?  That way as the code evolves others could easily pick up your work and port it to newer kernels if necessary in the future.

Sure, I have updated patch and Readme.

On 3/14/2021 at 5:07 AM, SteeMan said:

Update: I managed to get hdmi audio working.

Thank you for this modification. I tried to install it in two TV Boxes with s912 (H96 Pro plus , Beelink GT1) but on both i got the a halt on the kernel with message

random: crng init done

I read in this post https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=255371#p1558598 that replacing the root with dev/sda2 in the cmdline.txt  file should do the trick.
Unfortunately this file does not seem to exist in the armbian images . Any ideas ? 

Edited by Alarm