Thank you heaps for making Armbian!

AnonymousPi

Hi,

Just joined to say thanks to all to those that are involved in the development of Armbian. I recently bought an Orange Pi PC after reading the internet full of people bitching about non-booting devices, HDMI issues, overheating and general crapness.

Decided to buy a Orange Pi PC nonetheless, found an old crap micro SD card, burnt Armbian (the internet has made it clear to not bother with the crap on the official Orange Pi website!) onto it and the thing booted without any issues! Typing this message from it as we speak in Iceweasel!

The thing only cost me 9 quid, so decided to donate what I would have wasted in cash on a Raspberry Pi 3 (which is anything but the 25 dollar SBC it seems to be advertised) as a donation to Igor and co.

I just run the Orange Pi PC out of the plastic static bag it came in LOL!

Once again, great work.

Yes, thank you! I have run into some very specific issues (wifi and screen resolution), but a quick search of the forums troubleshoots these quite well. My main problems is that I am a Linux noob, so there is a general learning curve beyond my hardware understanding.

Thanks again!