problems with multiboot and board rk3229-mxq-8723 v1.0 MXQ pro 4k 5g

mattmar

I have one MXQ pro 4k with the board rk3229-mxq-8723 v1.0 and i've briked this board trying to reinstall android, and don't had a backup, so it stayed useless. After a time i found one .img that can turn on my device showing the android boot screen, bot it keeps in loop and ends with a green screen. i've tryed to enter the recovery mode but it doesn't run i keep on loop.

So i try to install the armbian in this device, i've burn the Multitool but when i put the sdcard on the tv box, , it doesn't turn on, even the blue led don't work, if somebody have a tip i will thank...

on the board say rk3229 but i uncovered than the chip and it's a rk3228A

If you don't provide any kind of detailed log, screenshots, pictures and details of the board there is little help to give.

For the rest, there is the appropriate thread for rk322x tv box boards.

Hi, @mattmar it's a issue i also had on my MXQ pro 4K you could try this method https://github.com/jhswartz/rk3229 from Justin Swartz, i have made a more automatized version to build and flash on a sd card to run, it's ubuntu withouth ui just command line you could install xfce from it, also while trying to find what makes this work and not armbian i found the problem it is on cpufreq_dt driver disabling it on kernel confguration is what make it work at least on my device but i don't know how to solve it, for now it's possible to boot ubuntu for arm but it's not even near as good as armbian.

Hallo, thanks for the great works. 

Sorry for bad english, First of all i just buy MXQ with RK3229 chip (8GB ram / 64gb ROM) form my 3D Printer.
I have a problem with booting using minitool, i just Flash Minitool using BalenaEcher. After that i plug  the SDCard into RK3229 Board and Plug the Power, the RK3229 keep booting to Android TV OS. Is there any solution? 

This my Board

https://postimg.cc/gallery/5bj0HG2 

Thanks for all support

A friend could help me, I accidentally deleted the Generic.kl folder from the system on the TV Box Mxq Pro 4k 5G Version Android 10.1 Kernel Version 2021 Card: Rk 3229 - mxq-8723 v1.0 I did a Hard Reset and nothing changed the TV control Box doesn't work, nothing could help me 😔 my TV Box is the same as yours, if you could copy and send me your Generic.kl folder it would help me a lot

Hello everybody!, sorry for not answer your replys but i was very buzzy in this time finding ways to make my tv box mxq 4k working again, and run armbian was just one of the possibilitys, and  sometimes i had to stop this journey to calm and put the thinks in order, so..

Yesterday after all this time i found a way to get my tv box working again! FInally! 😀

here is how i solved the problem:

a guy called Elias contacted me telling that he have a tv box same as mine, and his room only doesn't work the wifi, he gived me his room called SUPERTV5G and his rk_android_took_2.3.9, so i installed but don't worked!, 
after a time i decided to merge parts of my old room (that display the logo but was in loop called: MDT V5G PRO+ 8K - RK3229-MXQ-8723 V1.0_Magnum_Som) to see what's happen, and when i write the trust.img over the instaled SUPERTV5G the tv box come back to live again!!! 

Here is how to unbrick your TV BOX MXQ 4K 5G rk3229-mxq-8723 v1.0:

1) download and extract the file SUPERTV5G.rar

2) open RK_Android_Tool_2.3.9 > upgrade firmwork > load the image extracted and press upgrade. (maybe your device disconect, and you have to enter maskroom mode) 
3) when the instalation finish go to the tab 'Download Image' click with the right button of mouse on the space of the left space and load the 'config_16.cfg' file

4) after this unmark all the boxes and let only 'Loader' and 'Trust'

5) on loader put the file 'RK322XMiniLoaderAll_V2.47_MarcosTvBox.bin'

6) on trust put 'trust.img'

7) install and your tv box should work again!

the files used are here for download -> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1egg9yNIDjJbk7DpPTqWRew6TyfJ97Muq?usp=sharing

*if you have any question contact me on discord: cxp6203

*the wifi doesn't work on this room, but you can use a cable for the internet, i'll search for another room and repeat the process, if i found a better i'll update this.

Edited by mattmar
url