TX3 Mini without reset button does not boot

andersonpersan

I bought a TX3 Mini with Amlogic S905w, I'm following all the steps to boot, but the board does not have the reset button, and it simply ignores the connected SD Card and starts Android. I also tried resetting Android to see if it would boot, but it didn't work, has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

b9534cca-c9d0-4528-a68c-a17fe2cb5aff.jpg

ebd7b10a-2ab0-4df1-95ee-5863ff4822c7.jpg

Hi, thanks for the guide. Can you help me? I have a TX3 Mini rev. 1.6 with Amlogic S905W and I tested it with several images, defining several dtb's but in all situations that it boots, it simply displays "", I searched in several sources for the resolution of this problem, but I did not find any , below I added the photo of my board and the error stack. Thanks!

ebd7b10a-2ab0-4df1-95ee-5863ff4822c7.jpg

IMG-20221103-205858-1-1.jpg

@andersonpersan I am answering your other question that you had posted in a different thread here.  First I would point out that your board says MX3mini and the board date is 2021.  That is years newer than other TX3 mini boards I have.  I suspect (as is common for tv box manufacturers) that this is really a completely different board but put in a TX3 mini case.  This is likely due to the covid related chip shortages and they used whatever chips they could find to produce these boards.  Therefore it is likely there isn't going to be any supported dtbs for your board.  Since the cpu chip may be a amlogic s905w (although there are cases reported in the rockchip tv box forum where the manufacturers are faking the markings on the chips as well - cases where the chips say amlogic but are really rockchip or vice versa), I would recommend trying all the meson-gxl-* dtb files, to see if any are a good match for your hardware.

@SteeMan Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay, I tried other dtb's but they all stopped at "Starting kernel..." and it doesn't do anything else, I believe it's because they are incompatible. But it's ok, although I bought this device to be able to have a multimedia server with Emby, no problem, I'll give it another purpose. Thanks again.