bluetooth problem

perchibald

hello guys

bluetooth stopped working

uname -a
Linux pinebook 5.15.76-rockchip64 #22.08.8 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 30 10:57:32 CET 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

dmesg | grep Bluetooth
[    9.863147] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22
[    9.863249] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[    9.863261] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[    9.863266] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[    9.863276] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[    9.972130] Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.3
[    9.972144] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol H4 registered
[    9.972147] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol BCSP registered
[    9.972218] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol LL registered
[    9.972222] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol ATH3K registered
[    9.972261] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Three-wire (H5) registered
[    9.972460] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Intel registered
[    9.972609] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Broadcom registered
[    9.972646] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol QCA registered
[    9.972649] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol AG6XX registered
[    9.972688] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Marvell registered
[   12.322372] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0xfc18 tx timeout
[   20.450331] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: failed to write update baudrate (-110)
[   20.450363] Bluetooth: hci0: Failed to set baudrate
[   20.799400] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
[   20.799435] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
[   20.799461] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized

blueman-manager
blueman-manager 14.32.28 ERROR    Manager:147 on_dbus_name_appeared: Default adapter not found,
blueman-manager 14.32.28 ERROR    Manager:151 on_dbus_name_appeared: No adapter(s) found, exitin

stopped working after last system update

Edited by perchibald

1.  I   used  Armbian  Build for   Pinebook Pro  laptop,  Armbian 22.11 Jammy XFCE  Nov 30, 2022.  built onto SD card.
  2. Booted to Armbian SD  card 
  3. used    armbian-config
  4. installed Bluetooth from armbian-config    I saw  icon show on on the  task bar ,  when i clicked it to start Bluetooth, it crashed.
  5. I tried  Removing and   Installing Bluetooth  many times  and  shutting down and restarting laptop. 
  6. the Bluetooth Icon does no appear in the  task bar.    and the  blueman-manager and adapter  do not  open  when I type them in the run box.  

1. Bluetooth hardware works on this pinebook Pro Laptop, but only when i tried things like    Manajaro   XFCE And  KDE on Emmc . on manjaro, Bluetooth works on both of those and I see icon in task bar and I connected 3  different bluetooth /BLE devices. 
  2. It just doesn't work for Armbian i have freshly loaded.  I also  tried  4 different SD cards now all with armbian. Other things run fine,  Internet , wifi, etc,  just not the Bluetooth.
  3. Only on Armbian,  I'm not seeing the Bluetooth Icon in taskbard and  Blueman keeps crashing.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled it  at least  10 times now  using  armbian-config.   
  4. I also  checked did armbian Updates.
  5. Nothing will bring the bluetooth icon back and I can't connect  devices  (bluetooth hardware seems to work fine on other distros with same laptop). 
  6. is this a Bug  or something  I am doing wrong with the Install of Bluetooth?

Edited by River-mochi

@ivan_holmes   I just tried from inside armbian-config to  roll back to  older kernel   5.15.74-rockchip64     and it soft bricked the Pinebook Pro.

how did you install   5.15.74  did you do it from inside  of the  armbian-config  ,  others  to switch kernel (since that did not work for me).   or some other method?

I now have  newest  Armbian Gnome  SD card booted up on PbPro  using the  EMMC switch trick  (emmc switch off, hit power button, count 2-3 seconds , push switch back on).    
on SD  boot,  Armbian Gnome , Bluetooth also does not work,  using the  Gui  settings,  no matter how many times  I hit  Bluetooth on,  it doesn't turn on. 

Are there any command line options I could check? 

10.12.2022 в 00:17, River-mochi сказал:

I just tried from inside armbian-config to  roll back to  older kernel   5.15.74-rockchip64     and it soft bricked the Pinebook Pro.

how did you install   5.15.74  did you do it from inside  of the  armbian-config  ,  others  to switch kernel (since that did not work for me).   or some other method?

Downgrade from armbian-config, broke boot for me too
Just take image from https://imola.armbian.com/archive/pinebook-pro/archive/ 
for example https://imola.armbian.com/archive/pinebook-pro/archive/Armbian_22.08.1_Pinebook-pro_bullseye_current_5.15.63.img.xz 
and don't forget "armbian-config -> System -> Freeze" for prevent kernel update

I am running Armbian 22.11  on my PineBook Pro from both eMMC and SD and have installed the latest upgrades.  It is now the end of February and I have still not found any way to get BlueTooth or the camera to work.  If anyone has a solution, I sure would appreciate some insight.