chromium browser slowness & crashing in amlogic x96max+ linux tv box

Titus

Hi,

I have installed latest armbian linux OS into amlogix x96 max+ (S905X3) device.

(op-hub link here)

Would like to run chromium browser and play youtube videos etc., but I see videos are lagging, experiencing slowness and mostly it got crashed.

Here is the command I used to run.

chromium-browser --disable-software-rasterizer --disable-gpu-driver-bug-workarounds --disable-gpu-driver-workarounds --disable-gpu-vsync --disable-features=UseOzonePlatform --disable-reading-from-canvas --enable-accelerated-2d-canvas --enable-accelerated-video-decode --enable-accelerated-mjpeg-decode --enable-features=VaapiVideoEncoder,VaapiVideoDecoder,CanvasOopRasterization --enable-gpu-compositing --enable-gpu-rasterization --enable-oop-rasterization --enable-raw-draw --enable-zero-copy --ignore-gpu-blocklist --use-gl=desktop --num-raster-threads=6

Logs:

[13757:13757:1115/170432.940814:ERROR:vaapi_wrapper.cc(3127)] Failed to initialize VAAPI libs
[13757:13757:1115/170432.962938:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(537)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is desktop, ANGLE is 
[13757:13757:1115/170433.003383:ERROR:gl_angle_util_vulkan.cc(17)] Failed to retrieve EGLDisplay
[13757:13757:1115/170433.003690:ERROR:vulkan_instance.cc(91)] Failed to get vkGetInstanceProcAddr pointer from ANGLE.
MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied (search paths /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load driver: kms_swrast
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied (search paths /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load swrast driver

If I run with sudo, I won't get 'cannot open shared object fil' error but still experiencing the same.

Could you please share some insights on this ?

version details in chrome -> https://ibb.co/TBBwTHN

gpu in chrome -> https://ibb.co/Tmzp86c

@Titus The software you have installed is not from Armbian.  That developer has a fork of Armbian but does not participate in Armbian development nor these forums.  In fact they use the Armbian name without permission.  You will need to contact the developer who provided this software to you for your questions/support.