s905x booting problem sometimes

st0rk

Hello, i have m96x max tvbox on s906x cpu, i install armbian and all fine works. But. Sometimes when tvbox power turns off and i power on - it won't boot. At monitor i can't see nothing, black screen, monitor go to sleeping mode. This can happen after 2-3 sometimes 5-6 incorrect shutdowns. To fix the problem i disconnect my usb-hub and wifi dongle, insert SD-card with Armbian - and voila, tvbox boot ok from sd card. I see on the monitor until the boot is complete and turn it off by pulling the power out of the outlet.Then i unplug SD card, connect the usb hub and the wifi dongle and turn ON it, boot from the internal memory goes fine. This solution always saves the day, but it's unnerving. Why does this happen?

I thought the problem was in hidden directories, like .System Volume Informantion in /boot that were created by windows when copying files before installation, I deleted all the hidden and unnecessary directories in /boot, but that didn't solve the problem.

I installed the latest version, it worked for a few days and the problem repeated itself, only now it's worse. The trick with booting from SD works once in 5 cases. It's unclear how I managed to load it now. Weird.

Linux aml-s9xx-box 6.1.0-meson64 #trunk.0064 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 18 22:01:26 UTC 2022 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Edited by st0rk