Orange PI pc plus + 5" Car Monitor

dee0987

I've tried to connect 5" TFT monitor to OPI with no luck.
Cable pinout :
T (Left audio)
R (right audio)
R (video)
S (Ground)

boot image: Armbian_5.20

scripr.bin section

[boot_disp]
advert_disp = 0
auto_hpd = 1
output_type = 4
hdmi_channel = 0
hdmi_mode = 4
cvbs_channel = 1
cvbs_mode = 11
output_full = 1
hdmi_mode_check = 1

[disp_init]
disp_init_enable = 1
disp_mode = 0
screen0_output_type = 2
screen0_output_mode = 14
screen1_output_type = 2
screen1_output_mode = 14
fb0_format = 0
fb0_width = 0
fb0_height = 0
fb1_format = 0
fb1_width = 0
fb1_height = 0

[hdmi_para]
hdmi_used = 1
hdmi_power = "vcc-hdmi-18"

[tv_para]
tv_used = 0
tv_dac_used = 1
tv_dac_src0 = 0

and i also tried
screen0_output_type = 2
screen0_output_mode = 11

still not working

Ahm, did you modprobe tv.ko? Be aware that tv out driver is compiled as a module. So you must at least add it to a list of modules to load at boot. I forgot which file that is.

I checked it too, and 

[disp_init]
disp_mode = 1
screen1_output_type = 2
screen1_output_mode = 14

[tv_para]
tv_used = 1

the resulting script.bin works with the Debian, Ubuntu mate and ubuntu core images provided by friendlyARM, but the same script.bin doesn't work with armbian.

It may be because of a module not being loaded. Does anyone have more info on this "tv.ko" thing? I have no HDMI monitor so can't interact with a running instance of armbian.

I know it's a relatively old post, but unless you dumbed up on the fex file or forgot to load the tv module, one likely problem is the cable plug.

You see, these don't follow a very rigid standard (at least not always), and I've even seen TRRS cables where the pins would be slightly off the correct contacts when plugged all the way. Take some TRRS jack apart, put the pins on a breadboard, and see which ones are video and ground. Then test with these.

I know it's a relatively old post, but unless you dumbed up on the fex file or forgot to load the tv module, one likely problem is the cable plug.

You see, these don't follow a very rigid standard (at least not always), and I've even seen TRRS cables where the pins would be slightly off the correct contacts when plugged all the way. Take some TRRS jack apart, put the pins on a breadboard, and see which ones are video and ground. Then test with these.

On Android(Orange OS) updated:2016-05-18 image   5" TFT monitor  works normally so it's not a hardware problem.

(Update)

The problem was the tv module. Enabled by adding "tv" in a new line, to /etc/modules on the sd image file system.

In Armbian 5.23, the tv module is loaded by default, and you only need to enable the tv in fex.

Details can be found in this github repo I made. You want to look at the [disp_init] and [tv_para] in the nanopim1.fex.tvmod file