[CNX-Software] - NanoPC-T6 Arm Linux SBC offers dual GbE, HDMI 2.1 output, HDMI 2.0 input, 2x M.2 sockets, and more

RSS Bot

NanoPC-T6

FriendlyELEC NanoPC-T6 is a feature-rich Rockchip RK3588 SBC with up to 16GB LPDDR4X RAM, 256GB eMMC flash, two HDMI 2.1 output ports, one HDMI 1.4 input port, dual GbE, two M.2 PCIe socket for storage or wireless, a mini PCIe socket and microSIM slot for 4G LTE connectivity, and more. The new NanoPC-T6 single board computer offered many more interfaces than the recent NanoPi R6S or R6C board based on the Rockchip RK3588S with fewer I/Os. As such, it would be suitable for a wider range of applications and FriendlyELEC says it is well suited to enterprise consumers who want to develop mini machine vision systems, and embedded systems hobbyists who want to explore and implement all sorts of prototypes. NanoPC-T6 specifications: SoC – Rockchip RK3588 CPU – Octa-core processor with 4x Cortex-A76 cores @ up to 2.4 GHz, 4x Cortex-A55 cores @ 1.8 GHz GPU – Arm Mali-G610 MP4 [...]

The post NanoPC-T6 Arm Linux SBC offers dual GbE, HDMI 2.1 output, HDMI 2.0 input, 2x M.2 sockets, and more appeared first on CNX Software - Embedded Systems News.

View the full article

Just ordered one of these :)

The headline of the CNX-Software news is in fact wrong, as this board has 2x 2.5gbit ports instead of the 2x1gbit.

Also interesting about this board is that spi-flash the spi flash is unequipped... I wonder if it will be too hard to add this ... for the moment it seems that nvme cannot be booted directly because of the missing spi flash, but i guess booting from the emmc will also be good enough for the start ;)

If I can be of any help getting support of this board into Armbian, please let me know. (I guess I'll have to wait at least a month to get the hands on my purchased board ... so until then I'll play around on my orange pi 5 :D)

On 5/9/2023 at 10:19 AM, MikeDK said:

but i guess booting from the emmc will also be good enough for the start

And significantly faster :) 

On 5/9/2023 at 10:19 AM, MikeDK said:

If I can be of any help getting support of this board into Armbian, please let me know

It will probably work with this and some small mods ... so with those small mods and debugging, extra hand is always welcome. Especially once things will start to become useful with a modern kernel. That is never ending support story ...
https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/fd6a6dec66839b8ceeea22fc3792a9fce1df9fde

Yesterday I got my NanoPC-T6 delivered 🤩

I chose the option with the case, so it came premounted, and I have to say that this is THE best SBC-case combo I ever had, and I tried many raspi cases ... for the RK3399 boards I own (NanoPi M4, RockPro64, RockPi 4) there wasn't even much to choose from :D

It looks like a real consumer or even industrial product, so for anyone who wants to get one of these: Buy the case! :)

For the moment I will start with the images provided by friendlyelec (Google Drive Link)

There are also subdirectories with toolchains, patched sources etc. ... so I wonder if some of these could be used for armbian support

As soon as I have time to start up the thing, I will examine the devicetree, I bet this can be used nearly 1:1 for the armbian image ;)

Maybe you could hint me some more things to look for

Btw...: just tested the nvme speed with a Crucial P3 Plus 2TB SSD ...:

pi@NanoPC-T6:~$ sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/nvme0n1

/dev/nvme0n1:
 Timing cached reads:   8364 MB in  2.00 seconds = 4185.14 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 5854 MB in  3.00 seconds = 1951.17 MB/sec

looks promising :)

@MikeDK FriendlyElec is a great company to work with. I have been for years.   Pretty much anytime i dont get something via them, i regret it ( *cough rock 5b * cough * )

@ Superjedi

On more than one board over the years, i just boot off whatever it supports then flip the root over to the SSD.  Sure its an extra step to edit a few files ( and dont forget to update modules and such on your boot device when you update )  but gets the same thing accomplished, in effect.

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines