TPLink T2U Wifi USB adapter successfully working on OPi5

ArmBoy1988

I thought I had read that someone had the T2U working out of the box.

Well, it's mostly there.  When I tried it, didn't work.  Got message in dmesg that firmware file not found.  Did a Google search and found that it came down to the mediatek firmware files needing to be in the /lib/firmware/mediatek directory but they are currently in the /lib/firmware directory.  FYI, the /lib/firmware/mediatek directory already existed and did not need to be created.  Also in the current Jammy Gnome desktop Armbian, the file that was being loaded, mt7610e.bin, was not there and only the backup file, mt7610u.bin, was there in the /lib/firmware directory.

What I did was download the mt7610e and mt7610u from:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/mediatek

I placed them in the /lib/firmware/mediatek directory.  This was before I saw that the /lib/firmware directory contained the mt7610u.bin file.  Rebooted and then no errors in dmesg but correct loading and recognizing the T2U and my WiFi router/SSID.

Don't know if there would be issues with other Mediatek dongles or if Armbian needs to be updated for this or it's an issue elsewhere.  Just thought this would be useful for others trying to find a working dongle or trying to make their T2U/Mediatek based dongles work.

I had same issue with Alfa AWUS036ACHM on orange pi zero 2 / debian and ubuntu build.

Thank you, bro! After moving firmware files (mt7610e, mt7610u) in /lib/firmware/mediatek all working fine!

Also i replaced files in /lib/firmware/

Edited by bexem74332