Rock pi 4c+ top usb3 port is in otg mode and I want it in host mode

darksonic777

Hello everyone,

I seem to have a problem with not knowing how to change the top usb3 port of my Rock pi 4+ to host mode from otg mode, I just got it and installed armbian on it and open media vault, only to notice that I couldn't connect anything to the top usb 3 port and have it show up in open media vault, the other ports work fine and looking at the internet seems to have found that the answer is that the port is in OTG mode and on the official website they do have a way to change it to host mode, but not in armbian and I'm not skilled enough in linux to find where the file I need to change is. I'm running this build "Armbian_v22.05.2_Rockpi-4cplus_bullseye_current_6.1.33.img.xz" downloaded from the armbian website. 

Thanks in advance for the help :)

I have the installed community build 24.5.0-trunk.417 Bookwarm.

Radxa official guidance (link) asks to edit /boot/hw_intfc.conf file to change between host & OTG mode.

Armbian build does not have hw_intfc.conf file but I believe /boot/ArmbianEnv.txt is Armbian way to manage the config.

what is  the correct way add "intfc:dtoverlay=rk3399-usb-otg" overlay in ArmbianEnv.txt file?

34 minutes ago, ezpc98 said:

what is  the correct way add "intfc:dtoverlay=rk3399-usb-otg" overlay in ArmbianEnv.txt file?

You would use armbian-config to enable overlays.  But in a quick look there is no such overlay in Armbian.

Thanks for the pointer, much appreciated. I scrolled through the list (System > Hardware) and there is an overlay module "rockpi4cplus-usb-host". At least the name suggest it is for this board.

If I toggle this option and reboot, assume it will switch the port from OTG To host mode.