Next H3 board around the corner -- NanoPi M1 Plus

tkaiser

So we get the Banana Pi M2+ killer soon it seems, just stumbled accross the 'NanoPi M1 Plus' in FriendlyARM repo: https://github.com/friendlyarm/h3_lichee/blob/master/tools/pack/chips/sun8iw7p1/configs/nanopi-h3/boards/sys_config_nanopi_m1_plus.fex

According to fex file we get:

• H3 with primitive voltage regulation (1.1V/1.3V) and therefore 1200 MHz max
  • eMMC
  • AP6212 Wi-Fi/BT
  • 40 pin header identical to M1
  • 2 leds as usual (red/blue)
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • 24 pin camera connector compatible to M1/Air
  • 1 x USB OTG, 3 x host 2 x host (maybe the 3rd host port somewhere on headers)
I would assume same board layout as NanoPi M1 now but one USB type A receptacle less and there the eMMC. Amount of DRAM and eMMC can not be read from the fex file but I would believe we're talking about 1GB and 8GB here (eMMC might be available with larger sizes but I doubt 2 GB DRAM will be possible due to PCB size restrictions if dimensions should be the same as M1).

We'll see, currently nothing is announced so this is all speculative and only backed by looking through the vendor's fex file. If settings there are correct adding support for this board with both legacy and vanilla kernel is plain simple (almost all pin mappings like other boards, it's just a mixture of NanoPi M1 and BPi M2+ settings)

Edit: I've been wrong regarding USB ports (looked in Banana Pi M2+ settings at that moment), it seems all 3 USB host ports are available as on NanoPi M1 :)