Armbian on Box K12 Bqeel / Mini M8S pro C (S912)

RuDy_74

Hello all,

I'm new member on this forum and I want became new user of armbian to install Home Assistant on my box.

My box is a Bqeel K12 but i opened box and I see a label on the mother board where is write Mini M8S pro C.

So I try to install armbian debian. I used this version "Armbian_23.5.1_Uefi-arm64_bookworm_current_6.1.30_cinnamon_desktop.img"

I followed this topic to find the good dbt file : https://forum.armbian.com/topic/17106-installation-instructions-for-tv-boxes-with-amlogic-cpus/

I found differents dbt files which look like working properly (I have the desktop, I can navigate, open application...) BUT at each time is not possible to acces to internet (with Wifi or lan).

I try to configure manually the connection with the tool available on desktop but is not working.

a precision : before to install armbian, I totally remove android. Do you think that can be the root cause ?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, RuDy_74 said:

before to install armbian, I totally remove android. Do you think that can be the root cause ?

This is one problem.  You need the boot loader from android on your emmc in order to boot armbian following the instructions you mentioned.

1 hour ago, RuDy_74 said:

o I try to install armbian debian. I used this version "Armbian_23.5.1_Uefi-arm64_bookworm_current_6.1.30_cinnamon_desktop.img"

This is not a build suitable for this box.  Follow the links in the instructions you mentioned for the correct armbian build.

@SteeMan, thanks for your answer.

I tried with build from your instruction : "Armbian_23.5.1_Aml-s9xx-box_bookworm_current_6.1.30_cinnamon_desktop.img"

I did not arrive the armbian installation. I tried several DTB files (not all) without success.

Sometime, it ask me root and pasword and after black screen.

So I tried with :" Armbian_23.5.1_Aml-s9xx-box_bookworm_current_6.1.30_xfce_desktop.img"

installation looks like work properly. I have the desktop armbian but it the same I have not internet connection.

Thanks again.

22 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

What internet connection are you trying?  wifi or ethernet?

Both.

For ethernet i didn't try to change parameters.

For Wifi, I tried to set manually. I entered SSID and WPAKey with tool "NetworkManager applet"

For IP, is automatic (DHCP).

wifi isn't expected to work, but with the correct dtb ethernet should.  What dtb files are you trying?

The dtb file is the file that describes the hardware to the linux kernel, so it is important to have a dtb file that correctly maps to your hardware (or as close as possible).

@SteeMan

meson-gxm-q200.dtb

I tried another before. I will continue to try another dtb file and recheck my ethernet cable...

could you confirm me that the ethernet connection is "automatic" ? (without any manueally parameters) please.

Thanks.

Edited by RuDy_74

Hello,

I tried to install Home Assistant and I have an error "Armbian 23.05.2 is not supported"
After some checking it's look like that debian 12 are not suported.

I found some archive bullseye version. I'm tring.

Thanks.

Edited by RuDy_74

How are you installing Home Assistant?  You may need to install the docker version on Armbian (at least that is how I run it).  It has been a couple of years since I installed it, so I don't remember why I chose that method.

Hello RuDy_74

I try to do same (armbian on Bqeel K12pro S912)  and thank you for yours posts.

Some directory or links are deads.

Can you resume whitch img and dbt files you used for working fine and install home assistant ?

Thank you.

PS: sorry for my poor english.

brant : Bqeel 
model : K12 Pro
CPU : Amlogic S912 Octa core ARM, Cortex-A53 64 bits – Maximum 2 Ghz
GPU : Mali T820MP3
mother board : q201_9377
RAM 2 Go DDR3
ROM : 32 Go eMMC
Ethernet Gigabit 100/1000M 

Wifi : b/g/n/ac –  2,4  & 5 Ghz
Bluetooth : 4.1
Micro-SD : maximum 32 Go
2x USB 2.0 ports 
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)

mother board recto verso (left is left, top is bottom, right is right, bottom is top)

Bqeel K12 Pro r.png

Bqeel K12 Pro v.png

Edited by ignarissime
add spaces in my original text, better to read.