How to install armbian in h618?

alienxz77b

2 hours ago, firepower said:

i like to make a bootable micro SDcard with the Vontar H618 Android 12 firmware and see if it would boot on the Tanix Tx6. Use Disks to make an image and restore to sdcard?

You can try it but it may fail to boot android for many reasons.

When i finally boot my Z1 h313 box  with Armbian i made an eMMC backup from a a second Z1 with android,  using dd and i tried to restore it to my bricked Z1 device .

however when i restore the image  Z1 device failed to boot and when i investigate the reason i realize that  for some reason gpt partition information was lost

on restored device.

Chinese manufacturers use common android images for their products, 
They just customize the logo and boot boot video  and some other information including devices firmwares wifi/bt/vfd

however in some cases they verify some keys for their boxes on android / vendor partition, and if you try to use unofficial or different manufacturer image does not boot.

You can burn a downloaded android image to sd card as startup using  PhoenixCard.

BUT...

When i tried  by burning  a downloaded  firmware image for  Transpeed 8k  (H618.apollo-p3.T-H618_100M_12_FD650.2023.09.13.17.20.img)

using   (PhoenixCard.v4.2.4 / Startup )  it stayed on Transpeed logo for Ever.

When i have the time, I will try to do it and with Vontar image i download (H618.apollo-p16.VONTAR_H618_100M_12_FD650.2024.05.20.12.40.img) but i believe the the result will be the same because these images are almost identical vontar/transpeed except (logos ) i decompose  it both

NOTE If you use PhoenixCard   please take care because if you choose product you may erase your eMMC on destination tv-box.

Edited by rafman

Can someone with a Transpeed 8k618-t measure the 32KHz clock with a Oscilloscope?

The 32Khz fanout is routed to PG10 pin on the SOC and connected to the LPO pin of the WiFi/BT chip.

@Nick A

Vontar H618 HK6334Q

this is from data sheet: "Pin 24  LPO  External Low Power Clock input (32.768KHz)"

measured with Owon HDS2202S hand held Oscilloscope. its 32.768KHz NOT 32kHz

IMAGE1.PNG

AP6330.pdf

Edited by firepower

No that Xtal is 37.4MHz or 26MHz used to generate the 2.4 and 5GHz radio fequency. (If no Xtal is used it be using internal oscillator or 24MHz Xtal of the H618 cpu).

The Low Power Clock, LPO is used to Clock the wifi chip when off/sleep and turn wifi and bluetooth on and off, 3 clk pulse after the voltage rails are turned on or off. When on it uses high speed clock from Xtal. See Page 17 of datasheet.

Its Input Pin 24 of Wifi/BT chip, clk comes from H618/H616 arm CPU. Pin 24 LDO is marked with Pink dot.

xtal.thumb.jpeg.9a2b82b82f4f877c82c4cae722fa487a~3.jpeg

Edited by firepower