USB Bluetooth dongle for Orange Pi Lite / Zero

Chacal

I'm trying to build an A2DP server from either OPi Lite or Zero (whichever seems easier). As neither board has BT built-in I'm planning on using some cheap USB BT dongle. Web stores are filled with dongles, but info about their compatibility with Linux (and especially Armbian's legacy kernel) is not that readily available.

Has anyone found a dongle that "just works" with OPi Lite or Zero? If yes, care to share e.g. Ali Express link or similar?

https://www.reichelt.de/Bluetooth/LOGILINK-BT0015A/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=5844&ARTICLE=170030&OFFSET=16&SID=96WDwXhKwQATMAAHrYxKs8aa7eb3331164bb14def41b33191fbf3&LANGUAGE=EN

I used this one this a RPI. I just have ported my a2dp server on bluez5/pulseaudio/nanopi air (internal BT chip)

- compatibility depends on bluez (and btusb kernel module) and not on board or distro, if customers report it works with "linux" or "ubuntu", then you will be able to have it working.

- better use a class I dongle if you want a good range - but you will anyway hardly reach more than a few meters because a2dp device are generally class II

- even better use a nanopi air : with eMMC and internal BT chip, you get the same price than an $8 board with crappy SD card and crappy dongle. Without antenna (not provided) this board is unusable, but with an IPX cheap antenna you get as good a range than with class I dongle for that usage.

- be aware that with bluez5, you need pulseaudio, you can only use one BT sink at a time and you need workarounds to handle bugs in (pulse, bluez, dbus), workarounds that may depend on device specific profile connection management.