A20 PWM problem pins "HIGH" on boot

David Melara

Hello dear mates, first I want to thank zador.blood.stained for helping out with recompiling the DTB for A20 so we can enable PWM on Armbian.

Link to his post :https://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1817-using-pwm-without-rebuilding-kernel/

Now I'm seeking your help with this problem, after I added this code to the A20.dts file (I'm on a PCduino3 nano) 

&pwm {
	pinctrl-names = "default";
	pinctrl-0 = <&pwm0_pins_a>, <&pwm1_pins_a>;
	status = "okay";
};

I'm able to compile the .dtb file, and after booting I can see the pwmchip0 on /sys/class/pwm. I can change the values for Polarity, Period, Duty_Cycle, Enable. 

The problem is, when I boot the PCduino, PWM0 and PWM1 Pins are Output High, I mean, if I connect a led to those pins they will turn on. Moreover, if I change the Period and then enable the pwm pin, even with "duty_cycle" as "0" it will keep being "HIGH", to make a normal use of any of this PWM pins, I need to set the polarity to "inverse" and then return to "normal", when doing this, PWM will go "LOW" because of the "0 = Duty_Cycle" and then proceed to works as a PWM will normally work, does anybody knows how to fix this? would be a great help, i've spent more than a day figuring out how to resolve this, but no luck. Thanks for your help and time.