HAProxy

Javier Santiago
Go to solution Solved by SteeMan,

Hi team!

This may be the stupidest question ever…

I am a long time Debian user. I have a project in mind where I plan to setup a dual node HA Haproxy balancer. This is pretty straightforward in Debian  but I am wondering, is HAproxy even available for armbian?.

I do not plan to have a big throughput for these HAproxy nodes, is for a homelab and more for fun than for production purposes…

The idea is to use the cheapest dual gigabit board available, that’s why I will probably go for nanopi (which supports armbian).

English is not my first language so sorry in advance for messed up wording/expressions/whatever.

Thanks!

• Solution

Armbian is basically the linux kernel and u-boot/install.  The entire userspace comes pretty much untouched from Debian/Ubuntu (depending on what variant you install).  So in general anything coming from upstream Debian/Ubuntu should work on Armbian.

Hi!

Thanks. I could not resist to test it myself and I downloaded the x86 img to execute a quick test on Virtualbox…HAproxy and many other clustering packages are on the repos.

Obviously I do not expect high performance from such cluster but more than needed for a homelab. I plan to put another docker swarm or kubernetes cluster (also armbian powered) behind the HAProxy cluster.

Thanks a lot!