software installations

First of all, thanks to the project maintainer Jason and all the devs who got my little MangoPi MQ Pro to boot to a snappy GUI desktop with a functional mouse, keyboard, and 802.11. That alone is absolutely awesome.

I'm using an RISCS-V SBC Mango Pi MQ Pro Version 1.4 https://mangopi.org/mangopi_mqpro.

Armbian 23.06 Sid

trixie

board name: "Nezha"

Build Repository URL: https://github.com/150balbes/build.git

Build Repository Commit: e4c493f84-dirty

Armbian didn't ship with any apt repositories that I can identify. Seeking software with

apt install

always returns no matches, even for very common software.

Armbian did ship with Synaptic Package Manager and the status bar says something like "1094 of 1094 packages installed". There is nothing new listed in synaptic package manager and no searchable databases.

I tried to manually add Armbian repositories a couple times, but fouled it up presumably with improper syntax. I was able to remove the erroneous entries from the apt sources list and restore functionality of apt and Synaptic.

Does this version of Armbian intentionally ship with no repositories? Are there repositories of software built for RISC-V that are safe for use on this system? Where are they?

Is there a manual for adding repositories in apt? The process seems to be more involved than simply pointing to a URL and providing architecture and codename. I missed something.

Thanks to anyone for any help you can provide.

Devs, thanks for your incredible work on this. This Armbian image brings this board to life!