M9Cmax 4K (S905x), how to enter into the bootloader?

Hello all!

This is my story: I have a TV box with S905X Cpu and I would like to install linux on it.

I tried to install Armbian via a usb pen and it worked but it was too slow, then I tried to install it on emmc with the command ./install-aml.sh but failed.

Then i tried to use Armbian config and i bricked the tv box 😁

After some search, I found some tutorial to resuscitate it with USB Burning Tool, I shorted 2 pins on the chipset, installed an Aidan's ROM with Android 9 and worked well.

But I want armbian, and now I don't know how to enter the device again in bootloader mode because when I turn on it boots up on AndroidTV without any other possibility.
The toothpick method doesn't work, it seems the button is unusable.

Any solution?

Thank you

You need to find and restore the original manufacturer's firmware to get back to where you started from.

When you say armbian from usb was too slow, what exactly was slow?  Running from emmc isn't going to make much if any speed difference.  I'm not sure what you are expecting for performance from this.

27 minutes ago, FrancescoD said:

Is the only solution?

Yes.  Unless you have the uboot skills to figure out what the aiden rom uboot setup is doing and figure out how to merge the multiboot code into that process.

On the performance side of things, have you tried running from a good quality SD card?